The Graphic Designer produces highly creative visual work for print, internet and social media. Manages own projects, working within budget and schedule requirements. Confers with the full-time staff and student agencies to create quality products. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Works directly with full-time staff and student agencies to design and produce marketing materials – such as print brochures, publicity flyers, t-shirt designs and promotional videos.
· Coordinates multiple projects for all agencies and the MEC at one time, producing quality materials under tight deadlines.
· Ensures the consistent implementation of brand graphic standards according to MEC/DDCE policy.
· Maintains computer files/artworks for archival purposes.
· Handles designated projects from start to completion.
· Ensures delivery of work on-time and within budget.
· The ability to demonstrate innovative thinking quickly and execute creative strategies visually.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with full-time staff and student agencies.
· The ability to work on numerous projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
· A thorough understanding of print production: file requirements, optimization of images, paper selection and press check experience.
· Proficiency in applicable software platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and Final Cut Express.
Time commitment: 15 hours per week
Payment: $9.00 per hour
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2013
Send a resume, cover letter and sample portfolio (including 1-2 promotional videos, art pieces, design projects, and 2-3 examples of publicity) to Tony Vo at email@example.com. Applicants may choose to submit a video explaining why they are interested and qualified for the position in lieu of a cover letter.
Position is open until filled. Phone/Skype interviews will be conducted the week of August 5-9, 2013. Follow-up interviews as needed the week of August 12-16, 2013. New hire expected to attend the MEC Staff Retreat (August 21-25, 2013), and will begin working the 1st week of classes.