HBO has teamed with NALIP to find the next great Latino Documentary Film! Social change has been the consistent undercurrent for HBO’s critically acclaimed and award-winning documentary programs, with a myriad of issues presented in uncompromising quality and honesty. Through the HBO / NALIP Documentary Filmmaker Cash Award, HBO wants to focus its lens on the Latino experience and support the growth of social commentary by Latino documentarians.
One Latino Filmmaker will win $10,000
Entry deadline: June 26th, 2009
* Submissions must be from a film already in progress or finished – footage and proposal to be screened by judges.
* Filmmakers may be U.S. or international, but film must be in English or with English subtitles
* The winner must be 18 years or older, and of Latino descent.
* There is no limit to the number of entries: each entry must comply with the requirements listed in the submission form, and must submit a separate submission form for each.
* A panel of industry professionals will judge the films based on the following criteria: uniqueness of topic/subject matter, professional quality of the film, and the structure, tone and style planned for presenting the topic to audience. The Judges will select one film as the winner of the competition. Winner to be Notified by August 18, 2009!
For details, requirements, and submission information, download the Submission Form as a Word Doc or PDF File.